I have come to the resignation and conclusion that low carb, Keto anything that tries to substitute the real thing, is never the same thing. Until I came upon Keto Cheesecake that is.
So I tried this Best Keto Mini Cheesecake recipe from Butter Together Kitchen and since then, this has been my go-to cheesecake recipe. Tested it out on friends and family and the verdict was that most could not tell the difference between this version and a normal cheesecake version. I like that they are made as minis because, it is easy to consume (no need to cut, just take out and wolf down), it makes you think again before reaching out for the third one (what, I’ve had 2 already!) and they are also easier to store (these Covid days, the fridge just has no space).
This recipe is super easy to make with ingredients that are readily available (although these Covid days, cream cheese and cream have become rarities with everyone embarking on baking frenzies). What’s more, if you are on a Keto diet, cheesecake is a great snack to have around as they are fat and filling. Yes, you need the fat to burn. 1
So here’s the recipe with some modifications which I made, which will alter the macros a bit. So if you are on a strict Keto plan, then you may wish to just stick with the original recipe. Do try this out, you won’t regret it (only maybe finding out how easy it is to scoff down the whole batch and having to make another one).
- 1 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Lakanto powdered sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa powder for a chocolatey crust
- 2 8oz Cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit, or choice of sweetener
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Heavy cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp NuNaturals, NuStevia, Pourable Maple Flavor Syrup (optional but available in iHerb if you want a maple aroma)
- Topping of 5 Reese peanut butter chips for each mini cheesecake (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pack mixture into the bottom of muffin cups. We used the back of a small measuring cup to spread and press it flat down.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes while making the filling.
- Beat together cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla, and heavy cream until creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, being careful not to over mix.
- Top with peanut butter chips or chocolate chips (optional)
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, let cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours (best if chilled over night) before enjoying.
YIELD: About 16 minis SERVINGS SIZE: 1 Mini Cheesecake
CALORIES: 143.9 TOTAL FAT: 14g CARBOHYDRATES: Net Carbs: 1.1g FIBER: 0.9g PROTEIN: 3.7g
2 thoughts on “Keto: Best Keto Mini Cheesecake Recipe”
These look and sound great! I need to give keto a try if I can still enjoy dessert.:)
These are pretty simple to make really and a forgiving recipe. Actually Keto has many dessert recipes but this cheesecake has been my default dessert / snack 🙂